Every year Comic-Con International gives awards to the best manga of the year. This year is no exception and they already released the nomination for the upcoming Will Eisner Comic Industry Awards. Furthermore, the nomination for this award show was released on Wednesday, 18th May 2022.
There are six manga nominated for the grand award of the year. The basis for choosing this manga is the U.S Edition of the Eisner Awards. Moreover, the nominations given below are only for Asian regions or you can say based on the Asian region.
- Tatsuki Fujimoto’s Chainsaw Man (translated by Amanda Haley)
- Naoya Matsumoto’s Kaiju No. 8 (translated by David Evelyn)
- Junji Ito’s Lovesickness: Junji Ito Story Collection (translated by Jocelyne Allen)
- Toranosuke Shimada’s Robo Sapiens: Tales of Tomorrow Omnibus (translated by Adrienne Beck)
- Tatsuya Endō’s SPY×FAMILY (translated by Casey Loe)
- Haro Aso and Kotaro Takata’s Zom 100: Bucket List of the Dead (translated by Nova Skipper)
Every manga listed above is for a specific reason, for example, for the best writer/artist we have Junju Ito’s Lovesickness: Junji Ito Story Collection which is translated by David Evelyn. Furthermore, another example is Hachi Ishie’s Disney Cruella and the reason it’s here is that it’s the Best Adaptation from Another Medium category.
Source: Anime News Network