The team behind the upcoming Digimon Adventure 02 film, titled “The Beginning,” has unveiled the opening video. This video includes the original opening theme song, “Target Akai Shōgeki” by Kouji Wada from the Digimon Adventure 02 series.
A special program featuring cast members and the film’s initial four minutes is set to air on YouTube in both Japanese and English this Thursday. The film itself is scheduled to premiere in Japan on Friday.
For fans in the United States, the movie will hit theaters on November 8th and 9th. On November 8, it will screen with the English dub, while on November 9, it will be shown in Japanese with subtitles, both at 7:00 p.m. local time.
The film’s narrative is set in February 2012, continuing the stories from Digimon Adventure tri. and Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna. The characters, including Daisuke Motomiya (Davis Motomiya in English), are portrayed at 20 years old.
Returning cast members include:
- Junko Noda as V-Mon
- Arthur Lounsbery as Ken Ichijōji
- Yoshitaka Yamaya as Iori Hida
- Naozumi Takahashi as Wormmon
- Fukujurō Katayama as Daisuke Motomiya
- Ayaka Asai as Miyako Inoue
- M.A.O as Hikari Yagami
- Kouichi Toochika as Hawkmon
- Yuka Tokumitsu as Tailmon
- Megumi Urawa as Armadimon
- Junya Enoki as Takeru Takaishi
- Miwa Matsumoto as Patamon
New cast members include:
- Rie Kugimiya as Ukkomon, a Digimon who looks like a slippery marine creature and who is the key to the plot
- Megumi Ogata as Rui Ōwada, a mysterious youth who descended from Tokyo Tower and says, “I was the first in the world to become a DigiDestined”
Returning for this film are director Tomohisa Taguchi, known for works like “Persona 3 the Movie” and “Kino’s Journey,” and scriptwriter Akatsuki Yamatoya, renowned for involvement in previous Digimon series. The animation studio Yumeta Company and production company Toei Animation are also onboard, continuing from Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna.
Digimon Adventure 02 was the inaugural direct television sequel to the original Digimon Adventure series, introducing a new set of main characters. It aired in Japan from April 2000 to March 2001 and in the United States from August 2000 to May 2001. On July 29, Discotek announced plans to release the anime in both English and Japanese.
Related | Top 35 Cutest Anime Couples of All Times
“Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna,” the sequel film, concluded the adventure of Tai and Agumon. It premiered in Japan in February 2020 and had international releases in 2020-2021.
Source | Press release