Eleven months after the first announcement in January, on the stage of today’s Jump Festa 2022, a teaser visual and an 80-second teaser PV for the TV animation of Yuji Kaku’s ninja action fantasy manga “Hell’s Paradise: Jigokuraku” Has finally been released. Nothing has been said about the broadcast date or voice actors yet.
The TV anime’s main staff were announced as below:
- Director: Kaori Makita (Twittering Birds Never Fly – The Clouds Gather)
- Series Composition: Kazuaki Kaneda
- Character Design: Akitsugu Hisaki (Twittering Birds Never Fly – The Clouds Gather main animator)
- Music: Yoshiaki Dewa (The Idaten Deities Know Only Peace)
- Production: MAPPA (JUJUTSU KAISEN)
- Planning: Twin Engine
- Original Story Cooperation: Shonen Jump + Editorial Department
In addition, the manga’s stage play adaptation is set to be performed in the fall of 2022.
As the author’s second serialized work following FANTASMA from 2013 to 2014, it was serialized from January 2018 on Shueisha’s manga app Jump +, and the final 127 chapters were published on January 25, 2021. Its English publisher, VIZ Media, explains the story as follows:
Gabimaru the Hollow is one of the most vicious ninja assassins from Iwatake Village. He is mercilessly efficient, but betrayal results in him being sentenced to death. His only hope is to travel to a long-hidden island, regain the elixir that immortalizes the general, and regain his freedom. Failure is not an option. On this island, heaven and hell have hair widths.