The fourth promotional video for the television adaptation of Shuuichi Shigeno’s MF Ghost manga has been unveiled on the official website. This exciting preview not only disclosed the anime’s highly anticipated premiere in October but also unveiled the energetic opening theme song titled “JUNGLE FIRE feat. MOTSU,” performed by the talented Yū Serizawa.
Additionally, the website also unveiled the mesmerizing ending theme song “Stereo Sunset (Prod. AmPm),” marking the solo artist debut of Himika Akaneya.
The anime is set to debut in Japan this October on TOKYO MX, TV Aichi, YTV, RKB Mainichi Broadcasting, Animax, and various other channels.
The cast members are:
- Ryota Ohsaka as Kōki Sawatari
- Ayane Sakura as Ren Saionji
- Daisuke Ono as Shun Aiba
- Hiroshi Kamiya as Michael Beckenbauer
- Yūma Uchida as Kanata Katagiri (Kanata Livington)
- Daisuke Namikawa as Daigo Ōishi
- Yū Serizawa as Nozomi Kitahara
- Junichi Suwabe as Kaito Akaba
- Kohsuke Tanabe as Kakeru Yashiro
- Tooru Sakurai as Yūdai Sakamoto
- Kaito Ishikawa as Yōsuke Ōtani
- Hiroki Yasumoto as Fūjin Ishigami
- Takumu Miyazono as Kazuhiro Maezono
- Shogo Sakata as Takuya Yanagida
- Kenta Miyake as E. Hanninen
- Yūichi Nakamura as Jackson Taylor
- Tasuku Hatanaka as Ogata
- Takehito Koyasu as Ryō Takahashi
- Tomokazu Seki as Keisuke Takahashi
- Yasunori Matsumoto as Wataru Akiyama
- Mitsuo Iwata Itsuki Takeuchi
- Taku Yashiro as Sena Moroboshi
- Kazuki Yao as Kōichirō Iketani
- Tatsuki Kobe as Yōji Tanaka
- Coco Hayashi as Mami Satō
- Osamu Hosoi as Fumihiro Jōyū
- Wataru Takagi as Kenji
- Shuuhei Sakaguchi Hiroya Okuyama
- Nobutoshi Canna as Kai Kogashiwa
- Yuko Iida as Kyōko Kurihara
Tomohito Naka, known for his directorial work on Initial D Legend 2: Racer and Initial D Legend 3: Dream, takes the helm as the director of the anime at his esteemed studio, Felix Film. Assisting him are Kenichi Yamashita (renowned for series such as Ketsuekigata-kun! and Actually, I Am…) who leads the series scripts, collaborating with Akihiko Inari. Naoyuki Onda, celebrated for his designs in Mobile Suit Gundam Hathaway and Psycho-Pass 3, joins as the character designer and one of the chief animation directors alongside Chiyoko Sakamoto.
Ensuring the integration of 3D elements is Hiroki Uchida as the 3D director. The sound direction is entrusted to the experienced Masafumi Mima, while Akio Dobashi, recognized for his work on Initial D: Legend films, Sisters of Wellber, and Dance in the Vampire Bund, composes the captivating music for the series.
Additional staff includes:
- Prop Design: Mahiru Shinya
- Art Director/Setting: Seiko Akashi
- Color Key Artist: Chiharu Tanaka
- Compositing Director of Photography:
- Kouji Hayashi (Color & Smile)
- Editor: Kiyoshi Hirose (editz)
- Sound Effects: Kenji Koyama (Sound Box)
- Sound Production: Techno Sound
- CG Animation Production: Felix Film/directrain
The manga series is set in Japan during the 2020s, a time when self-driving cars have become commonplace. It revolves around Kanata Livington, a Japanese driver who returns to his homeland after excelling at a prestigious racing school in England. The story primarily focuses on the MFG, an internationally renowned racing circuit that takes place on public roads.
Shuuichi Shigeno, the creator of the popular series Initial D, introduced MF Ghost in Kodansha’s Young Magazine in September 2017. The manga’s 17th volume was released in Japan on June 6. Its English publication is handled by Kodansha Comics and Comixology. Unfortunately, due to Shigeno’s declining health, the manga went on hiatus in November 2022. However, it made a comeback on February 20, experienced another brief hiatus in April, and resumed in June, commencing its “final battle.”
Shigeno concluded his Initial D manga in Young Magazine in July 2013. Tokyopop initially published the manga’s early chapters in North America, while Kodansha Comics and Comixology now offer the complete English version. The manga’s immense popularity led to multiple television anime adaptations, a live-action film, various original video anime projects, and a successful line of games. More recently, it served as the inspiration for a trilogy of anime films, with the third installment premiering in February 2016.