In May, Kōhei Horikoshi’s My Hero Academia manga soared to the pinnacle of success, securing the coveted first position on Circana BookScan’s prestigious Top 20 adult graphic novels list.
This month’s list featured 17 manga volumes, including:
- #1 — Kōhei Horikoshi’s My Hero Academia volume 34
- #2 — Koyoharu Gotouge’s Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba volume 1
- 3 — Tatsuya Endō’s SPY x FAMILY volume 1
- 4 — Tatsuki Fujimoto’s Chainsaw Man volume 1
- 5 — ONE and Yūsuke Murata’s One-Punch Man volume 25
- 6 — Tatsuya Endō’s SPY x FAMILY volume 9
- 7 — Koyoharu Gotouge’s Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba volume 2
- 8 — Gege Akutami’s Jujutsu Kaisen volume 1
- 9 — Tatsuya Endō’s SPY x FAMILY volume 2
- 10 — Eiichiro Oda’s One Piece volume 102
Chugong and DUBU’s acclaimed Solo Leveling Korean webcomic soared to a commendable #15 position in its sixth volume, securing a notable spot on the esteemed list.
In March, NPD BookScan underwent a transformation, rebranding itself as Circana Books, following the merger of NPD Group and Information Resources, Inc. (IRI) in 2022. The company diligently gathers weekly point-of-sale data on print books from a vast network of over 16,000 locations, encompassing e-tailers, chains, mass merchandisers, independent bookstores, and more. Circana BookScan effectively covers an impressive 85% of the U.S. trade print book market. The rankings provided by this chart are primarily based on the number of units sold. To ensure accuracy, ICv2 excludes titles that are primarily focused on text or art, thereby refining the rankings for graphic novels.
Source | ICv2 (Brigid Alverson)