Eiichiro Oda’s One Piece manga secured the top spot on Circana BookScan’s July list of the finest adult graphic novels, standing proudly at #1.
In a notable achievement, “One Piece” secures the top position on July’s U.S. Bookscan Rankings, underscoring its enduring popularity and widespread appeal. The manga’s captivating narrative continues to captivate readers, solidifying its place as a literary sensation.
This month’s list featured 18 manga volumes, including:
- 1 — Eiichiro Oda’s One Piece volume 103
- 2 — Naoya Matsumoto’s Kaiju No. 8 volume 7
- 3 — Koyoharu Gotouge’s Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba volume 1
- 4 — Tatsuki Fujimoto’s Goodbye, Eri
- 5 — Yūsuke Ōsawa’s Spider-Man: Fake Red
- 6 — Sakaku Hishikawa and Tatsuki Fujimoto’s Chainsaw Man: Buddy Stories
- 7 — Tatsuya Endō’s SPY x FAMILY volume 1
- 8 — Iro Aida’s Toilet-Bound Hanako-kun volume 18
- 9 — Gege Akutami’s Jujutsu Kaisen volume 1
- 10 — Shinichi Fukuda’s My Dress-Up Darling volume 9
- 12 — Tatsuki Fujimoto’s Chainsaw Man volume 1
- 13 — Soichi: Junji Ito Story Collection Hardcover
- 14 — Gege Akutami’s Jujutsu Kaisen volume 0
- 15 — Koyoharu Gotouge and Ryoji Hirano’s Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba – Stories of Water and Flame
- 16 — Aka Akasaka and Mengo Yokoyari’s Oshi no Ko volume 1
- 18 — Kentarou Miura’s Berserk Hardcover volume 1
- 19 — Tatsuya Endō’s SPY x FAMILY volume 2
- 20 — Yukinobu Tatsu’s Dandadan volume 4
In March, NPD BookScan underwent a transformation, rebranding itself as Circana Books. This change followed the amalgamation of NPD Group and Information Resources, Inc. (IRI) in the year 2022. The newly formed entity continues to operate as a prominent player in the domain, diligently collecting weekly point-of-sale data on print books.
This data is sourced from an extensive network comprising over 16,000 locations, including e-tailers, retail chains, mass merchandisers, independent bookstores, and other key contributors. Circana BookScan maintains its coverage over an impressive 85% of the U.S. trade print book market.
The rankings presented in their charts are meticulously curated, based on piece sales – a metric that provides valuable insights into the dynamics of the industry. It’s noteworthy that some publishers categorize works primarily focused on text or those in the realm of art as graphic novels. To ensure accuracy and relevancy, ICv2 diligently eliminates such titles from the rankings, thereby refining the portrayal of the market landscape.
Source : ICv2 (Brigid Alverson)