The official website for Synduality: Noir, the television anime of Bandai Namco Entertainment, Bandai Namco Filmworks, and Bandai Spirits’ Synduality project, made exciting new revelations on Tuesday.
Two additional cast members were unveiled for the anime, portraying characters that Kanata and Noir encounter in the upcoming fourth episode set to debut next week. Alongside this announcement, the website treated fans to a preview video of the highly anticipated episode.
Having premiered on July 10, the anime is exclusively streamed worldwide on Disney+ while airing in Japan. Notably, the anime’s storyline takes place 20 years after the game, which is set in the year 2222, depicting events in the year 2242.
The anime’s previously announced cast includes:
- Konomi Inagaki as Ellie
- Aoi Koga as Noir
- Yūsuke Kobayashi as Tokio
- Fuminori Komatsu as Mouton
- Takeo Ōtsuka as Kanata
- Nagisa Aoyama as Ciel
- Taito Ban as Kurokamen
- Miku Itō as Maria
- M.A.O as Schnee
- Daisuke Sakaguchi as Michael
- Ayaka Ohashi as Ange
- Daiki Hamano as Bob
The main staff includes:
- Animation Character Design & Chief Animation Director: Kenichirō Katsura (Macross 7, Comic Party: Revolution)
- Original Story Concept: Hajime Kamoshida (Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai, The Pet Girl of Sakurasou)
- Series Script Supervisor: Takashi Aoshima (Himouto! Umaruchan, Mitsudomoe)
- Animaton Production: 8-Bit
- Production Design: Kō Inaba
- Director: Yūsuke Yamamoto (Encouragement of Climb, Aquarion Evol, Knight’s & Magic)
- Music: Masato Nakayama (22/7, We Never Learn: BOKUBEN)
- Art Director: Kenta Masuda
- Legendary Design: Kazutaka Miyatake (Macross, Space Battleship Yamato)
As for the captivating music accompanying the series, STEREO DIVE FOUNDATION is in charge of the opening theme song “Raytracer,” while ARCANA PROJECT delights viewers with the ending theme song “Eureka.”
Excitement builds further for the Synduality franchise as its game installment, titled Synduality: Echo of Ada, gears up for release this year. The third-person shooter game will be available on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC via Steam.
Sony’s description of the game sets the stage for a gripping narrative. The remnants of humanity face an apocalyptic world plagued by the enigmatic Tears of the New Moon rain, which nearly wiped out all life. In their struggle for survival, they find refuge in the underground haven, Amasia, where they encounter the enigmatic Artificial Intelligence, Magus. Together, humans and AI embark on a quest to unveil their truths and coexist.
The Synduality franchise expands its reach with a manga spinoff, Synduality: Ellie, centering around the titular character. The manga, illustrated by Hiroshi Mishima, will debut in Kadokawa’s Monthly Comic Alive magazine with its September issue on July 26. Furthermore, fans can look forward to a novelization of the manga under Kadokawa’s MF Bunko J label.
Additionally, a separate novel spinoff, “photo story” style, titled Synduality: Kaleido, is set to release in Hobby Japan’s Monthly Hobby Japan magazine with its September issue on July 25.