Director Hiroko Utsumi’s official Twitter account (Banana Fish, Free! – Iwatobi Swim Club, Free! Eternal Summer) and animation studio BONES (Eureka Seven, My Hero Academia) original anime project Sk8 the Infinity began streaming. a second promo video and a commercial on Saturday.
The anime will premiere on ABC TV and TV Asahi in “ANiMAZiNG !!!” programming block as of January 9. The show will air at 2:00 a.m. Saturdays.
Ichiro Okouchi (Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion, Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress) is writing and supervising the series scripts, and Michinori Chiba (Basilisk, Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans) is designing the characters. Ryō Takahashi (ACCA: Department of Inspection of 13 Territories, Argonavis of BanG Dream!) Is composing the music.
The show stars:
- Tasuku Hatanaka as Reki
- Chiaki Kobayashi as Langa
- Takuma Nagatsuka as Miya
- Kenta Miyake as Shadow
- Hikaru Midorikawa as Cherry Blossom
- Yasunori Matsumoto as Joe
- Takehito Koyasu as Adam
- Kensho Ono as Tadashi Kikuchi
Additional staff includes:
- Chief Animation Director: Michinori Chiba, Hiroki Kanno
- Skateboard Design: Studio No Border
- Color Design: Yukari Goto
- Art Director: Yumiko Kondou
- 3DCG Director: Yōta Andō
- Director of Photography: Masataka Ikegami
- Editing: Honami Yamagishi
- Sound Director: Masafumi Mima
- Sound Effects: Shizuo Kurahashi, Sachiko Nishi
The anime centers on Reki, a second-year high school student who loves skateboarding, and gets caught up in “S,” an underground and dangerous skateboard race at an abandoned mine with no rules. Langa, who has returned to Japan from Canada and has never skateboarded before, also gets wrapped up in S along with Reki. Dirty racers, AI racers, and other unique individuals compete in the “youth skateboard race battle.”