My Hero Academia, the manga that has captured the hearts of fans for nearly a decade, embarks on its second act with even more thrilling adventures and challenges for our beloved heroes. Created by the talented Kohei Horikoshi, the series introduces us to a world brimming with Quirks and aspiring pro heroes, with our protagonist, Izuku Midoriya, determined to join their ranks. As act two unfolds, it becomes clear that power alone won’t suffice as villains grow stronger in the shadows of society.
Let’s take a closer look at the key arcs that define this exhilarating second act:
- Provisional License Exam Arc: Class 1-A faces the unexpected challenge of the Provisional Hero License exam. The intense battles leave some of our favorites without licenses while propelling Izuku closer to his dream.
- Shie Hassaikai Arc: With a hero license in hand, Izuku embarks on an internship with Lemillion under Sir Nighteye’s guidance. This arc introduces us to Eri, a girl held hostage by the Shie Hassaikai, and the stakes reach new heights.
- Remedial Course Arc: For Class 1-A students without hero licenses, remedial courses become the path to improvement. Intense training and Bakugo’s personal growth are central to this arc.
- Cultural Festival Arc: This heartwarming arc showcases the students working together on a cultural festival. Izuku’s goal is simple: make Eri smile. However, a viral villain threatens to disrupt their plans.
- Hero Ranking Arc: Endeavor’s rise to the top hero spot marks a pivotal moment in hero society. New heroes like Miruko and Hawks come into play, setting the stage for future conflicts.
- Joint Training Arc: Class 1-A and 1-B engage in joint training, revealing the strength of these young heroes. Deku surprises everyone by unlocking a new quirk.
- Meta Liberation Army Arc: This arc delves into Shigaraki’s journey as he seeks respect from Gigantomachia. The Meta Liberation Army emerges, posing a significant threat to the League of Villains.
- Endeavor Agency Arc: Izuku, Bakugo, and Shoto intern under Endeavor, offering a deeper look into Shoto’s complex family dynamics. An emotional showdown unfolds when a villain targets Endeavor’s family.
- Paranormal Liberation War Arc: The most substantial arc yet, this story brings a dark shift in tone. The heroes unite to face the merged forces of the League and the Liberation Army, resulting in major casualties and the world’s eyes on Deku’s extraordinary quirk.
To keep up with My Hero Academia’s second act, you can access the manga via the Shonen Jump app or Manga Plus. For the anime, both subbed and dubbed versions are available on Hulu and Crunchyroll.
The series’ synopsis, centered around Izuku Midoriya’s journey from a powerless middle school student to a hero-in-training under the mentorship of All Might, continues to inspire and captivate fans worldwide. With act two delivering gripping narratives and character development, the world of heroes and villains is more enticing than ever.
Source: Comic Book